What tomato would you feed a friend who said all tomatoes are the same?

Everything About Tomatoes
BlackKrim
Reactions:

Re: What tomato would you feed a friend who said all tomatoes are the same?

Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:15 pm

Hi. No, I did not post on Tomatoville as username BlackKrim. Indeed, I had not even heard of that variety until maybe a year or so ago, and then I ordered seed early in 2024.

I used to post as "Crone" years ago on Tville. I have not been there in quite a few years. I believe that I first joined that forum in approx. 2008. I asked about pruning, I think.

Funny that some other person and I decided on the same user name! Maybe I could change my user name to Rose Quartz Multiflora, which I haven't grown in quite some time just to avoid confusion; I recall how I enjoyed that tomato; also, I was surprised recently to see that it is considered a cherry tomato. What the hey...it is too large to be classified as such. Or maybe I just got really lucky that year with extra-large cherries, I dunno. :lol:

JRinPA
Reactions:

Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:18 pm

I should have said I assume MissS meant tomatoville as opposed to television or... Tundra Valley?...lol.

So you are in a fact a long time tomatoforum type...that is cool, tville was really busy when I joined back in...more than 10 years back for sure.

I will have to check to see if we ever posted in the same threads. I remember being intimidated by some of the big names back then. Some serious tomato lovers in that alumni.

ah BlackKrim or Crone, I will say "A Rose Quartz Multiflora, by any other name, would smell as sweet". Welcome aboard.

edit: my nosed eggplant pic from 2018 picture thread...you agreed that it looked like Hitchcock. So hello again!
jughead04.jpg
jughead05.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BlackKrim
Reactions:

Sun Sep 01, 2024 11:04 pm

my nosed eggplant pic from 2018 picture thread...you agreed that it looked like Hitchcock. So hello again!

Thanks for that memory (I'd forgotten!) & for your kind welcome.

I think that there's probably lots of photos around of Fruits & Vegetables Gone Terribly Wrong (my fused double winter squashes for one example). I'd give your "nosed" eggplant 5 stars. :lol:

I have a few such photos of some of my unfortunate produce. it is just a matter of trying to find them in the mess in the basement.

Return to “Tomato Talk”